Stress, smoking, heredity, environmental conditions, or, just the passage of time are some of the leading factors of the first signs of aging skin on the face and neck. The signs of time in the face, but also in the neck, create dissatisfaction.
Face Lift is the surgery that improves the visible signs of aging and turns the time back.
- Correction of wrinkles at the side of the eye in the temple area.
- Fixing of the loose middle face, ie the cheekbones and the cheeks.
- Correction of the oval of the face.
- Correction of wrinkles and of the loosening of the throat.
Face lift also takes place in cases of significant face asymmetry.
What should be done Pre-operatively
- Classic preoperative control.
- 12 hours before the surgery do not drink and do not eat anything.
- On the morning of surgery, you should take no medication unless the anesthesiologist says so.
- Smoking and alcohol should be stopped at least 3 weeks before surgery.
- Meeting with the anesthesiologist before surgery. You should report to the anesthesiologist past anesthesia experiences, positive or negative, and inform him of any health problems or medication that you receive.
- We do not take aspirin, anti-inflammatory drugs or herbal supplements 10 days before surgery, because they all increase the chance of bleeding during and after surgery.
- We wash our face and hair with pharmaceutical soap daily, for 3 days prior to the surgery.
Type of anesthesia
The above procedure is performed either with total or with local anesthesia and light sedation.
After surgery, the patient may leave the hospital at the same day or, in some cases, stay until the morning of the following day. In order for the patient to leave the hospital it is necessary to be escorted by somebody and, in case he leaves the hospital at the same day he should have a close person companioning him/ her during the night.
The incision from each side begins at the hair and over the ear and falls directly in front of the ear to the limit of the lobe. There it returns behind his ear and ends up in his hair. The surgeon mainly handles a very thin tissue just beneath the skin and repositions it, in its original position and then reposition the skin in its original condition and remove the excess. This clears the facial and throat wrinkles and, most importantly, the fall is canceled. The profile recovers the youthful corner of the neck.
With this technique we have no deformation of the person, it does not change the person's physiognomy. Most of the times face lift goes unnoticed even by our closest people.
In some cases, and especially in people who have lost a lot of their face, we use fat transplantation to give the person the lost volume. Fat autologous transplantation is wise and in certain points so that the results are completely natural. These spots may be cheekbones, deep wrinkles on the side of the nose, and lips.
Duration of surgery
The duration of the surgery is about 3 - 4 hours.
After surgery, the face is circumferentially covered with a rubber bandage to avoid very intense edema or bruising. The dressing is removed the next day and replaced with a ribbon, which should ideally stay for a week.
Shampooing is allowed 48 hours after surgery.
Complications in such an operation are rare.
Hematoma: Hematoma is the most common complication of a face lift. For this reason, the wounds are examined the next day after the surgery and any blood collection at some point is removed without pain or some difficulty of the person concerned.
Inflammation: Very rare complication. To avoid this, we prescribe antibiotics during the surgery.
Bad wound healing: Rare complication, but if an incision is more apparent than expected, it may be corrected by local anesthesia for 6 months to one year after surgery.
Lack of sensation: A disorder of the sensation in the ear lobe is a rare complication that recurs over time.
The duration of the effect of a Full Face lift is about 10 years.
This text may give rise to new questions. We are at your disposal for any other information.