MINI FACE LIFT
Time, anxiety, smoking, heredity, environmental conditions are some of the leading factors of the first signs of aging skin on the face and neck. The signs of time on the face, but also at the neck, create dissatisfaction and provoke the desire of turning back the time. Mini Face Lift is the surgical procedure that improves the first visible signs of aging that cannot be corrected by non-invasive treatments. It is the appropriate surgical procedure to form the oval of the face, but also to improve the initial skin-loosening of the neck.
What does Mini Face Lift correct
- Improvement of wrinkles appearing right and left of the nose (nasopharyngeal grooves).
- Small correction of the loosening of the middle face, ie cheekbones and cheeks.
- Correction of the oval of the face.
- Correction of wrinkles and loosening of the neck.
- In the case of a surgical procedure on one side of the face where we are forced to pull the skin like in a one-volume exception, we recommend a Mini Face lift to the side partner in order to achieve symmetry.
- In case of paralysis of one side of the face.
What should be done pre-operatively
Once the Plastic surgeon has a full history of the patient, he / she should fully inform the patient about the procedure and take some photos of the face and neck.
Then follow these instructions:
- Classic preoperative control.
- 12 hours before the surgery do not drink and do not eat anything.
- On the morning of the operation, we do not receive any medication unless the anesthesiologist agrees.
- Smoking should be stopped at least 3 weeks before surgery, and alcohol should be discontinued 1 week in advance.
- Meeting with the anesthesiologist before surgery. The anesthesiologist records past anesthesia experiences, whether positive or negative as well as any health problems or medication we receive.
- We do not take aspirin, anti-inflammatory drugs or herbal supplements 10 days before surgery, because they all increase the chance of bleeding during and after surgery.
- We wash our face and hair daily, 3 days prior to the operation (mainly behind the ears) with a pharmaceutical soap.
Type of anesthesia
The above procedure is performed with local anesthesia and mild sedation.
After surgery, the person concerned may leave the hospital the same day. A close friend or relative should be present.
The incision from each side begins in the hair and over the ear and falls directly in front of the ear to the limit of the lobe. There it returns behind the ear and ends up in the hair. The surgeon stitches a very fine tissue just below the skin and repositions it in its original position. This procedure eliminates the facial and neck wrinkles and, most importantly, reverses the skin-loosening.
The face profile recovers the youthful corner of the neck. With this technique we have no deformation of the person, it does not change the person's physiognomy. Most of the time the mini face lift goes unnoticed even by our closest people.
In some cases, and especially in people who have lost a great part of their face, we use fat transplantation to give the person the lost volume. Fat autologous transplantation is a wise decision for certain points so that the results are completely natural. These spots may be cheekbones, deep wrinkles on the side of the nose, and lips.
The duration of the surgery is about 2 hours.
After the surgery, the area of the incision is covered with a rubber bandage to avoid very intense swelling or bruising. The dressing is removed the next day and replaced with a ribbon, which should ideally remain for a week.
The person concerned may wash he/her hair on the next day of the surgery.
Stiches are removed 7-10 days after surgery and after 2 weeks the person concerned may return to his or her daily life.
If the person smokes, he can resume smoking 2 weeks after the surgery.
Complications in such an operation are rare, however, some the following may happen:
Hematoma: Hematoma is the most common complication of a mini face lift. For this reason, the wounds are examined the next day after the surgery and any blood collection at some point is removed without pain or difficulty for the person concerned.
Inflammation: Very rare complication. To avoid this, we give antibiotics during the surgery.
Bad wound healing: Rare complication, but if an incision is more apparent than expected, it may be corrected by local anesthesia for 6 months to one year after surgery.
Low sensitivity: A disorder of the sensation in the ear lobe is a rare complication that recurs over time.
The duration of a Mini Face lift is about 3 years.
This text may give rise to new questions. We are at your disposal for any further information.