As years go by, the skin of the forehead loses its elasticity and the eyebrows gradually become heavier as well as the upper eyelids. Every day we raise the eyebrows beyond our conscience in order to relieve the upper eyelid from the weight of excess skin thus aggravating the wrinkles of the forehead. The lift of the eyebrows is the appropriate surgery to restore the eyebrows back to their original height and improve our look. This procedure is most often combined with upper blepharoplasty.
Lift of the eyebrows
In case of paralysis of a part of the face, an eyebrow drop is to be observed. In this case, the lift of the brows helps to restore symmetry, while the lack of movement becomes less distinct.
In the case of a surgical intervention in one part of the forehead, which resulted in raising the eyebrow, we can restore the symmetry by raising the other accordingly, always aiming to an aesthetically pleasing result.
What needs to be done pre / operatively
- Routine pre-operative check.
- We do not drink or eat anything 12 hours before surgery.
- The morning of the operation we do not take any medication without the consent of the anesthesiologist.
- Smoking and alcohol should be discontinued at least 3 weeks before surgery.
- Consultation with the anesthesiologist before the operation. We report any previous experiences of anesthesia, either positive or negative and inform him about any health problems or medication we receive.
- We do not take aspirin, anti-inflammatory drugs or herbal supplements 10 days before the operation, because this increases the possibility of bleeding during and/or after the operation.
Type of anesthesia
The above procedure can be performed either with local or with total anesthesia.
No hospitalization required.
The incision is about 2 cm long and carried out inside the hairline of each side.
- a) The stitches are removed at 15 days post-operatively.
- b) Return to everyday activities is to considered after 5-7 days.
- c) Physical exercise is recommended after 2 weeks.
In this type of operation, complications are extremely rare and include:
- a) Small asymmetry at the height of the two eyebrows: small asymmetries are acceptable, if we take into account that eyebrows are almost never exactly in the same place. This kind of asymmetry can be corrected even after the formation of eyebrows by a certified aesthetician.
- b) Hematoma: In order to prevent hematoma, frozen dressings are placed in the area after surgery. (Rare complication)
- c) Inflammation: very rare complication for operations in the scalp area.
- d) Hair loss: with the right surgical technique there is no risk of hair loss through the incisions.
- e) Wound dehiscence- very rare complication.