Mini abdominoplasty is a surgical procedure that is performed to correct any excess skin rather than fat in the lower abdomen.
During low abdominoplasty, we can additionally perform:
- Liposuction both of the abdomen and lateral.
Liposuction is meant to reduce fat above and below the navel and eventually have a more flat belly postoperatively.
- Suturing of the right ventricular muscles.
Under the belly fat there are two elongated muscles, the right abdominals, surrounded by a pouch. These muscles for many reasons but mainly after multiple pregnancies move to the side of the abdomen and move away from each other. If the surgeon discovers such a dimension from the clinical examination then by a special technique depending on how large the gap is, it brings the muscles to their original position.
What should be done preoperatively
First we receive a complete history and photographs.
Please note the following:
- 3 days before surgery and every day we wash our body with pharmaceutical soap.
- 8 hours before surgery do not drink and do not eat anything.
- We do not shave in any area near the belly 10 days before the surgery
- Clean the navel well with a cotton swab.
- On the morning of surgery, we do not receive any medication without the anesthetist's consent.
- We wear our most revealing underwear which should be about the same style as our swimsuit so as to help the surgeon design the cut to the point where it would not be obvious.
- Smoking should be stopped at least 3 weeks before the surgery.
- We are supplying the special pressure garment.
- We inform the anesthetist and plastic surgeon about any health problems we may have.
Type of anesthesia
The above procedure is performed with general or epidural anesthesia
No hospitalization is required.
With a low incision in the belly and hidden in the swimsuit area, we detach the skin and belly fat over the muscles of the abdominal wall as pyramid. In this case no incision is required around the navel. The navel remains in place. The excess skin under the navel is removed. At the same surgical time, any dimension of the right abdominal muscles can be corrected.
The duration of the surgery can be from 45 minutes to 2 hours, depending on the incident.
- Wound protection strips are necessary for 2 weeks. If a net has been used, it stays in contact with the trauma for about 2 weeks.
- We advise to use a push corset for 3 weeks 24 hours a day and 3 weeks only during the day.
- The incision will be red for the first 3 months and will gradually become white with the final result visible to 1-3 years.
- The incision should not be exposed to the sun for the first 3 months.
- Progressive recovery of fitness is allowed after the 6th week.
- The final aesthetic effect is evident after the first year of surgery
- The incision will not disappear altogether, a white line in the swimsuit area will be apparent after the first year. . For the best course of the incision, massage is recommended with a healing cream every day and silicone leaves locally in the incision to the desired aesthetic result.
- Some imperfections in the end result may appear as a visible incision or rising of the scalp in the pubic area. Such defects can be corrected by local anesthesia after one year.
- Hematomas: They may appear from small bruising up to a collection of blood above the abdominal wall. To prevent hematoma, the plastic surgeon performs appropriate hemostasis during surgery.
- Inflammation: To avoid this complication, the plastic surgeon administers antibiotics during and shortly after surgery, but the most important is both the correct sterilization of the instruments and the antisepsis conditions of the surgery.
- Bad Wound healing: To avoid this complication, the plastic surgeon does not stitch the wound with high tension on the skin.
- Pulmonary embolism: Possible complication of any surgical procedure that is prevented with anticoagulants immediately after surgery and by direct mobilization of the patient.
- Low sensitivity: Mainly in the area below the navel. It gradually resumes after 3 - 6 months.
- Organ perforation: This is a rare complication. It can happen during the procedure of liposuction, as the plastic surgeon works blindly.
In conclusion, you should not underestimate the dangers of a mini abdominoplasty, just realize that it is within the framework of a relatively simple surgery that can have complications.
This text may give rise to new questions. We are at your disposal for any other information.