DEPILATION WITH A DIODIC MACHINe
Undesired hair is an issue that affects many women and men.
Depilation with a LASER is today the most popular method for radical hair removal with permanent results.
What is Laser depilation and how does it work?
Laser depilation promises permanent results of hair growth and is proven to be a safe method starting its application around 1990.
It is capable of detecting and destroying black and light brown hair from the root. It has no effect on white and blond hair. This leads to definitive relief from unwanted hair growth in any spot of the body or the face due to the fact that destruction of the pouches is inevitable.
Hair growth in an area does not follow the same development phase, thus the results are not definitive with a single session – repetition is necessary. Usually after 6-8 treatments, hair growth has decreased by 90%.
At what age can somebody start Laser depilation?
The ideal age for laser hair removal is 17-19 years, because until then the hormonal profile fluctuates. However, if somebody wants to start earlier they can, however they should know that there may be a need for more sessions in order to achieve the perfect result.
What parts of the body is laser depilation applied?
Depilation with a Diodic Laser can be applied in places where hair develops in addition to the area around the eyes. More specifically, it can be applied:
- on the face
- on the chest
- on the armpits
- on the hands
- at the back
- on the belly
- on the bikini
- at the thighs
- on the buttocks
- on the shin and the calf
- We use special eyewear to protect the eyes from light rays
- We place ultrasonic gel on the area
- We apply the laser head from the area in question with the corresponding pulse
- We apply soothing cream onto the treated area
When is it the best season to start the treatment?
The depilation Laser machine focuses on spots with increased melanin. Winter would be an ideal season since the levels of melanin are low. In the summer, laser depilation is avoided because the treatment is ideally applied to skin that has not been recently exposed to the sun and is not darkened.
Is Laser Epilation painful?
With the technology used in our clinic, the laser head is being cooled at the same time of the treatment and it is almost painless. In very sensitive areas, local anesthetic cream is applied 30 minutes earlier.
Can Laser depilation be applied to all types of hair?
Laser depilation is considered suitable for dark hair and less for light colors. The laser cannot detect and destroy white hairs and very pale blond due to the absence of melanin. The technology we use in our clinic is the most effective in these cases.
How many treatments do I need to complete radical laser hair removal?
A round of sessions is recommended in order to get rid of unwanted hair with the treatment of radical hair removal, but it cannot be predetermined because it is affected by: the body and face size, the sex, how dense it is bristles at the point where the treatment will be applied, and the hormonal conditions of each organism. On average, sessions are about 6-8.
How close should sessions be one from another?
The most common time span between sessions is about 5-6 weeks.
What to expect after a treatment?
- Light skin irritation is usually observed around the hair follicle, which will take only a few hours.
- A slight swelling may occur around the laser treatment area.
Laser depilation is contraindicated
- If you are taking acne treatment with RO-Accutane
- If you have taken anti-inflammatory drugs last week (mesulid, voltaren, ponstan)
- If you have applied tretinoin or Retinol A cream to the area in the last 2 weeks
- if you have tattooed or permanent makeup in the application area.
- If you have been subjected to facial dermabrasion, facial rejuvenation, chemical peelings in the last month.
- If you have been sunbathing or applied tanning cream in the last 2 weeks
- In case of Pregnancy, the gynecologist's approval is required.
- In cases of vitiligo, we inform you that there is a possibility that laser depilation may trigger it.
Laser depilation may cause burning or discoloration of the skin. In most cases the area returns to natural coloration 1-2 years after application
Instructions after application
- Use sunscreen with SPF 50 for 6 weeks after application both on the face and the body if you are sunbathing.
- Wash the area with light soap the same day, avoiding rubbing (optional).
- Hair falls within 2-3 weeks of application and reappear in 4 to 6 weeks.
- If hair appears before the next session, shaving is normally allowed in the area without reversing the result of the Laser.
- After application, there may be a normal irritation or a burning sensation for 2-3 hours, but can be soothed by using soothing cream or aloe cream.
- If scarring or intense irritation occurs in the application area use topical treatment with special creams.
This text may give rise to new questions. We are at your disposal for any other information.